CONFINED SPACE RESCUE TEAMS
One of the most dangerous work environments for an employee is a confined space. Confined spaces are typically defined as any area that has one or all of the following conditions:
- limited means of egress
- an oxygen deficient or enriched atmosphere
- the potential for accumulation of flammable or toxic gases or vapors
Every year confined space incidents result in a large number of fatalities. Most fatalities are avoidable and typically result from failure of the worker and / or supervision to recognize and manage the hazards associated with the environment where work is being performed.
The OSHA 29 CFR 1910.146 standard clearly states the responsibilities of a company allowing employees to enter permit-required confined spaces. Employers must perform the following:
- Develop and implement procedures for rescuing entrants from permit spaces
- Provide the necessary emergency services to rescued employees
- Ensure the rescue of an incapacitated confined space entrant in a time-frame commensurate with the hazards of the space
Safe Workforce Development supports your single confined space entry or 24/7 standby rescue coverage required during an outage. We provide rescue teams that are experienced, well-trained, and able to meet the varied demands of the jobs assigned. Our teams prepare entrants while they are still outside the confined space and then work with them to maintain safety and awareness while inside. In the event an incident occurs, our rescue teams are prepared to provide entrants with swift evacuation and emergency aid.