RESPIRATOR TRAINING AND FITTING
DURATION OF COURSE
This course will instruct employees on proper selection, use, and sanitation and storage of respirators.
- Site-specific Respiratory use Written Program
- Medical pulmonary respirator evaluation for each employee
- Designated respirator with replacement cartridges
- Clean shaven employee so that facial hair does not interfere with respirator fitting
Upon completion of training the participants will be acquainted with the following:
- Respiratory hazards
- Function of the respiratory system
- Selecting the proper respirator
- Inspection, cleaning, sanitizing, and storage of respirators
- Fit test procedures
- Demonstration of use and fit test
At the conclusion of the class, each participant will complete a written exam and practical skills demonstration. The course will include media presentations and site-specific discussions.