PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
DURATION OF COURSE
This course instructs employees how to select appropriate personal protective equipment and use it properly. Basic PPE will be discussed, including PPE intended to protect the head, eyes, face, hands, feet, lungs, and exposed skin.
On completion of training, the participants will be acquainted with the following:
- Regulatory requirements for OSHA as listed in 1910 Subpart I (or 1926 Subpart E)
- Hazard Identification
- Engineering / Administrative Solutions versus personal protective equipment
- Determine when personal protective equipment is required
- Determine what personal protective equipment is required
- Understand how to properly don, adjust, remove, and wear personal protective equipment
- Know the limitations of personal protective equipment
- Understand proper care, maintenance, useful life, and disposal of personal protective equipment
At the conclusion of the class, each participant will complete a written exam and practical skills demonstration. The course will include video presentations and site specific discussions.