INCIPIENT FIRE SAFETY
DURATION OF COURSE
Incipient firefighting is a basic course to instruct employees on the science and classification of fires, along with simulation of basic methods of fire extinguisher use. Participants will learn how to utilize fire extinguishers properly through hands-on instruction.
Upon completion of training the participants will be acquainted with the following:
- Employee responsibilities
- Fire chemistry
- Fire prevention practices
- Ignition sources
- Extinguisher equipment capabilities and limitations (Classes, Ratings, Optimum Distances, Effective Discharge Time)
- Water spray equipment
- Extinguisher Inspection requirements and Recharge procedures
- Understanding types of burns
At the conclusion of the class, each participant will complete a written exam and practical skills demonstration. The course will include media presentations and site-specific discussions.