DURATION OF COURSE
2 hours – Employee Awareness
This course will provide the essential information for individuals responsible for implementing and conducting Right-to-Know, understanding the training. Topics include regulatory overview, toxicology, understanding Safety Data Sheets (SDS), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Hazardous Material Information Systems (HMIS), and Personal Protective Equipment. This course will be site and equipment specific.
Upon completion of training the participants will be acquainted with the following:
- Company’s Hazard Communication Policy
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment
- Principles of chemical handling safety
- Storage and handling procedures
- Terms and abbreviations
- Reading and understanding a Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
- Recognizing and determining appropriate hazard warning corresponding to the NFPA and HMIS labeling systems
- Familiarization with the Department of Transportation Chemical Classification System
- Global Harmonization of the Hazardous Communication Standard (GHS)
At the conclusion of the class, each participant will complete a written exam and practical skills demonstration. The course will include media presentations, site-specific discussions, and equipment inspections.