HAZARD ANALYSIS (JHA, JSA, All Hazard)
DURATION OF COURSE
Employees are injured and/or killed in the workplace because time was not taken to effectively preplan task/work. This course will instruct employees on how to properly complete a Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) with focus on the 3-step methodology: identify job steps, identify hazards, and methods of protection. Intense focus is placed on the relationship between the employee, the task, the tools, the work environment and the steps to control, eliminate, or mitigate identified hazards.
Upon completion of training the participants will be acquainted with the following:
- Regulatory requirements
- Benefits of the JHA
- JHA key terms
- Employee involvement – the critical requirement
- Identifying hazards and unsafe behaviors
- The importance of the Risk Analysis
- Developing preventative measures
- Coordination of Tasks to minimize injuries
- Preparing a Safe Job Procedure
- Continuous Improvement of the JHA Process
At the conclusion of the class, each participant will complete a written exam and practical skills demonstration. The course will include site-specific discussions.