CONTROL OF HAZARDOUS ENERGY (LOTO)
DURATION OF COURSE
A sudden release of energy can severely injure or end the life of an employee. This course will teach employees how to identify sources (multi-sources) of energy, methods of control, and verification. This course will be site specific.
Upon completion of training the participants will be acquainted with the following:
- Facility Energy Control Plan
- Different types of energy and identification (Situation Analysis)
- Causes of injuries
- OSHA Standards
- Principles of machine guarding and machine interlocks
- Lockout / Tagout written procedures
- Lockout / Tagout equipment and devices
At the conclusion of the class, each participant will complete a written exam and practical skills demonstration. The course will include media presentations, site-specific discussions, and equipment inspections.