CONFINED SPACE ENTRY
DURATION OF COURSE
16 hours – Competent Person
6 hours – Annual Refresher
Confined Spaces are present in most industrial settings. The primary reason employees are injured when entering a confined space is related to a lack of thorough training and understanding. The goal of this course is to comprehensively address, in both theory and practice, the vital knowledge and skills necessary to Identify and safely participate in Confined Space Entry Operations.
Upon completion of training the participants will be acquainted with the following:
- OSHA Regulations
- Permit and non-permit required entry procedures
- Hazard identification and control
- Atmospheric testing and monitoring
- Entry permit system and Assignment of Responsibility
- Emergency procedures
- Retrieval Systems and Techniques
At the conclusion of the class, each participant will complete a written exam and practical skills demonstration. The course will include media presentations and site-specific discussions.