DURATION OF COURSE
Combustible Dust is a basic course to instruct employees on the science of combustible dust explosions along with the basic methods to eliminate the potential for combustible dust explosions. Participants will learn how to identify the hazards through hands-on instruction.
Upon completion of training the participants will be acquainted with the following:
- Hazards associated with combustible dust
- Applicable safety regulations
- Where combustible dust can occur in the workplace
- Mechanics of fire and combustible dust explosions
- Hazard assessment requirements
- Hazard recognition and control skills
- Methods of compliance with combustible dust safety
- Engineering controls needed to control hazards
- Actions to take in an emergency situation
At the conclusion of the class, each participant will complete a written exam and practical skills demonstration. The course will include media presentations, and site-specific discussions.