CFR 29 1926 OSHA 30 CONSTRUCTION
DURATION OF COURSE
30 hours (over 4 days)
This in-depth course teaches employees how to recognize, avoid, and mitigate health and safety hazards on construction sites and explains employee rights under OSHA. Taught by an OSHA Authorized trainers, this course is perfect for foremen, superintendents, project managers, and other construction employees with safety responsibilities.
of the job.
On completion of training the participants will be acquainted with the following:
- Introduction to OSHA
- OSHA Focus Four: Falls, Electrocution, Struck By, Caught-In or Between
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Health Hazards in Construction
- Stairways and Ladders
- Hazardous Materials and Hazard Communication
- Process Safety Management: (PSM)
- Focus Four – Electrical Safety
- Motor Vehicles, Mechanized Equipment
- Cranes , Derricks, Hoist, Elevators, and Conveyors
- Concrete and Masonry Construction
- Confined Space Entry
- Fire Protection and Prevention
- Materials Handling and Storage Use and Disposal
- Powered Industrial Vehicles
- Safety and Health Programs
- Steel Erection
- Tools – Hand and Power
- Welding, and Cutting
Note: Optional topics may be added based on Customer needs.
At the conclusion of the class, each participant will complete a written exam and practical skills demonstration. The course will include media presentations and site-specific discussions. Upon successful completion, each candidate will receive an OSHA Training Institute Education Center Certificate of Completion and an OSHA 30 card.