CFR 29 1910 OSHA 30 GENERAL INDUSTRY
DURATION OF COURSE
30 hours (over 4 days)
This in-depth course teaches employees how to recognize, avoid, and mitigate health and safety hazards in the workplace and explains employee rights under OSHA. Taught by an OSHA Authorized trainer, this course is perfect for managers, supervisors, and other employees with safety responsibilities.
Upon completion of training the participants will be acquainted with the following:
- Introduction to OSHA
- Managing Safety and Health
- Walking and Working Surfaces
- Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plan, Fire Prevention Plans
- Material Handling
- Hazard Communication
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Permit Required Confined Spaces
- Lockout / Tagout
- Machine Guarding
- Welding, Cutting, and Brazing
- Introduction to Industrial Hygiene
- Blood borne Pathogens
- Hazardous Materials
- Safety and Health Programs
- Fall Protection
- Powered Industrial Vehicles
Note: Optional topics may be added based on Customer needs.
At the conclusion of the class, each participant will complete a written exam and practical skills demonstration. The course will include media presentations and site-specific discussions. Upon successful completion, each candidate will receive an OSHA Training Institute Education Center Certificate of Completion and an OSHA 30 card.